Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Card



Here is this year's Halloween Card!  I bought this stamp at the Heirloom Rubber Stamping Festival this past February knowing that it would be featured on this year's Halloween card.  I have a couple of barn cats and this image made me smile.  I've seen our savage predators stalking all sorts of small animals on the farm.  There are no rats for miles as far as I can tell.  Once they had taken care of the rodents, they started going after other creatures - the worst was the sad day they felled a beautiful hummingbird.  But what skill to actual catch a hummingbird!

So this year's card is dedicated to our little terrors - Cookie and Pearl!

Some technical details - I stamped the image on watercolor paper and heat embossed it to preserve the detail while coloring.  I again used the wonderful Peerless watercolors with a brush on the image.

Here is the inside of the card...



No comments:

Post a Comment